- Music by Jeanine Tesori, Book and Lyrics by Lisa Kron;
- Directed by Miller Susen
- Musical Direction by Kristin Baltes
- March 9–25
- Gibson Theater
Adapted from Alison Bechdel’s graphic memoir “Fun Home”
“Heart-gripping and cathartic, FUN HOME occupies the place where we all grew up.” – New York Times
FUN HOME traces the coming-of-age of young Alison from her childhood, through her college years, and finally to the present day, where Alison, now grown, struggles to make sense of her father’s recent death.
As Alison reflects on her past, she explores her complicated relationship with her father, Bruce, a closeted gay man and the owner of the family business—the Bechdel Funeral Home (a.k.a the “fun” home). As she recalls her father’s hidden desires, Alison recognizes her own experience of discovering, and ultimately embracing, her identity.
The winner of five 2015 Tony Awards including Best Musical, FUN HOME is a groundbreaking musical about seeing your parents through grown-up eyes.
- Sophia will perform as Small Alison on Saturday, 3/10 and Thursday, 3/22
- Justin will perform as Christian on Sunday, 3/18 and Saturday, 3/24
- Justin will perform as John on Thursday, 3/15 and Wednesday, 3/21
Come See Season 27