Hand to God
Presented by Silverchair
Sponsored by Tom & Penny Howard and Tim McNamara
- by Robert Askins
- directed by Cristan Keighley
- April 13 — Extended to May 10, 2018
- Founders Theater
Advisory: This show contains explicit, sexual and sacrilegious content by both humans and puppets.
“Darkly delightful.” – New York Times
The Exorcist meets Avenue Q in this irreverent and hysterical journey to the basement of a church in Cypress Texas, where Jason, a painfully shy, mild-mannered kid joins his mother Margery’s Christian Puppet Ministry. Jason’s alter ego, Tyrone is a foul-mouthed, independent, and diabolically funny puppet who has other plans for his human.
As Tyrone finds his strength, Jason loses control of relationships with the bad-boy bully, the adorable girl-next-door, and his lonely and beleaguered mother.
Hand To God’s exploration of faith, morality, secrets, and human nature is devilishly fun, and will leave you aching with laughter.
- Sarah Cain… Producer
- Cristan Keighley… Director
- Kathleen Mueller… Production Stage Manager
- Chris Kelly… Assistant Stage Manager
- John Conover… Dramaturge
- Will Slusher… Set Designer
- Mariah Johnson… Hair and Make-up Designer
- Kerry Moran… Properties Designer
- Peyton Brandt… Costume Designer
- Dawn Schimke… Assistant Director
- Mark Schuyler… Lighting Designer
- Cristan Keighley… Sound Designer
- Skye Devlin… Sound Board Technician
- JASON/TYRONE… Julian Sanchez
- JESSICA… Gwyneth Sholar
- MARGERY… Virginia Wawner
- PASTOR GREG… James Sanford
- TIMMY… Evan Post
Come See Season 27