SEVEN HOMELESS MAMMOTHS WANDER NEW ENGLAND
Presented by: S.L. Williamson Company, Inc.
For sold out shows, a wait-list starts one hour before the show time. Come to the box office to get on the list.
On Wednesdays, Pay-What-You-Can, at the Box Office, Noon to 4 PM and 7 to 8 PM, in person, available while tickets remain.
Sunday, Dec 16, Coffee the Experts! Author and University of Virginia Anthropology Professor Emeritus Jeffrey L. Hantman, Ph.D. hosts a pre-show talk about UVA’s HOMELESS MAMMOTH at Live Arts on December 16 at 1 PM before our 2 PM closing Matinee. You don’t need a ticket to the show to take part in the pre-show discussion.
SHOWS: November 16-December 16, 2018
In this rich and resonant comedy, a New England town is disrupted when the financially strapped local college announces the closing of its natural history museum. Letters from angry townsfolk are pouring in, and Dean Wreen is stressed out. Despite this, she invites her ex-girlfriend Greer to live with her while Greer undergoes experimental cancer treatment. The arrangement is complicated, however, by the presence of Andromeda, Dean Wreen’s much younger yogi and lover. While the women navigate this “alternative kinship structure,” townspeople clamor to save the museum’s woolly mammoths. SEVEN HOMELESS MAMMOTHS is a screwball comedy about the pitfalls of monogamy, jealousy, and academia.
Despite a lugubrious title that seems destined to provoke a “You’re taking me to what?” response, SEVEN HOMELESS MAMMOTHS WANDER NEW ENGLAND, is, in fact, an exceedingly funny play.
- Presented by: S.L. Williamson Company
- Sponsored by Custom Ink, Penny & Tom Howard, and Tim McNamara
- Written by Madeleine George
- Directed by Larry Goldstein
- Produced by Kathleen Mueller
- Producer… Kathleen Mueller
- Director… Larry Goldstein
- Assistant Director… Kerry Moran
- Stage Manager… Terry Thorsen
- Scenic Designer… Robert Nichols
- Lighting Designer… Heather Hutton
- Sound Designer… Chris Baumer
- Costume Designer… Amy Goffman
- Assistant Costumer… Anna Taylor
- Hair and Makeup… Daphne Latham
- Properties Designer and Scenic Charge… Daryl Bray
- Scenic Painter… Helen Fooks
- DEAN WREEN… Jamie Virostko
- GREER… Christina Ball
- ANDROMEDA… Monica Hanigan
- THE CARETAKER… Henry Wiencek
- EARLY MAN 1… Kiri Gardner
- EARLY MAN 2… Jessie Conover