Auditions for THE WOLVES
- by Sarah DeLappe
- Directed by Kelli Shermeyer
- Produced by Adrienne Oliver
Audition Dates: Monday, November 19 and Tuesday, November 20
- Callbacks: Monday, November 26
- Rehearsals Begin: Wednesday, January 2
- Performance Dates: Friday, March 8 – Saturday, March 30
On the field, we find some of the usual suspects—the too cool for school, the overachiever, the ex-coach’s daughter, the insecure sidekick, the awkward newbie, the morbid brainiac, the unlucky dogooder, the space cadet, and the wacky stoner—all rendered with care and delight.
THE WOLVES follows the journey of nine young women amped up on adrenaline, adolescent anxiety, and orange slices as they chase down victory on the soccer field and test the edges of their expanding identities, told through glimpses of the team’s pre-game warm-up ritual.
Playwright Sarah DeLappe writes that she “wanted to see a portrait of teenage girls as human beings—as complicated, nuanced, very idiosyncratic people who weren’t just girlfriends or sex objects or manic pixie dream girls but who were athletes and daughters and students and scholars and people who were trying actively to figure out who they were in this changing world around them.”
- #11 – Midfield. Brainy, morbid, budding elitist, thoughtful. Seventeen.
- #25 – Defense, Captain. Classic (ex)coach’s daughter. Seventeen. Must be willing to have an extreme hairstyle.
- #13 – Midfield. Stoner, older pot dealer brother, into her wackiness. Sixteen.
- #46 – Bench. New girl. Awkward, different, just wants to fit in. Sixteen.
- #2 – Defense. Innocent, unlucky, kind, skinny. Sixteen.
- #7 – Striker. Too cool for school. Sarcastic, “fuck”, thick eyeliner. Almost seventeen.
- #14 – Midfield. #7’s insecure sidekick. Just switched to contacts. Sixteen.
- #8 – Defense. Plays dumber than she is. Sixteen.
- #00 – Goalie. Intense performance anxiety, perfectionist, high achiever. Seventeen.
- SOCCER MOM
We are casting a diverse and inclusive ensemble of female-identifying actors between the ages of 14-20, and one adult woman.