Elizabeth and Joe LeVaca present
- Music and Lyrics by Lin-Manuel Miranda
- Book by Quiara Alegría Hudes
- Gibson Theater
- July 10 – July 26
- Winner of 4 Tony Awards, including Best Musical and Best Score
- “When this musical erupts in one of its expressions of collective joy, the energy it gives off could light up the George Washington Bridge” – NY Times
- “A joyfully exuberant and moving experience” – Hollywood Reporter
Before the smash hit HAMILTON, audiences fell in love with Lin-Manuel Miranda’s ebullient musical IN THE HEIGHTS, a tribute to the vibrant, tight-knit Latinx community on the brink of change.
Nina has returned to the neighborhood after her first year at college with startling news for her parents, who have spent their life savings to ensure a better life for their daughter. Meanwhile, Nina’s friend Usnavi runs a bodega, tends to the neighborhood Abuela, and dreams of winning the lottery so he can return to his homeland in the Dominican Republic. When a power outage leaves the neighborhood sweltering in the summer heat, the folks of Washington Heights explore the joy and heartbreak of calling their neighborhood home. With an infectious score featuring hip-hop, salsa, merengue and soul, IN THE HEIGHTS invites audiences to celebrate love and life in this delightful summer musical.