AROUND THE WORLD IN 80 PLAYS
MOSCOW * PARIS * MOROCCO * PERU * FANTASY ISLAND * CONNECTICUT *
VENICE * BUDAPEST * PRAGUE * TOKYO * NEW YORK CITY
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 28TH, 2017
AT 6 O’CLOCK IN THE EVENING
$250 PER PERSON
Your journey includes your ticket around the (Live Arts) world and admission to the Mile High Club for afterglow antics.
Limited VIP group reservations are available and include expedited entrance at border control, reserved group seating during cocktail hour, dedicated group porter throughout the evening, and customized experiences all evening long.
For more information, email email@example.com, phone 434.977.4177
BLACK TIE OPTIONAL CREATIVE ATTIRE ENCOURAGED.
REMEMBER, YOU MAY MEET THE QUEEN.
Enjoy cocktails and world-class dishes handcrafted by our favorite local chefs, including:
- Curtis Shaver, Chef de Cuisine, Hamiltons’
- Frank Paris, Head Chef of Heirloom Rooftop + Bar
- Melissa Close-Hart, Executive Chef, Junction
- Christian Kelly, Executive Chef-Owner, Maya
- Micah LeMon; The Alley Light
- Joshua Rossiter; Ragged Branch Distillery (Spirits sponsor)
- Carrie Hodgkins; Lost Saint & Kerrie Pierce; Vitae Spirits ( Spirits sponsor)
- Reid Dougherty; Brasserie Saison, Silverback distillery (Spirits sponsor)
- Alec Spidalieri; Junction & Steve Yang; Tavola, Belle Isle Moonshine (Spirits sponsor)
- Gearharts Chocolates
PASSPORT GAME & LIVE AUCTION:
- Play the Fund the Mission Passport Game & enjoy a Live Auction of Epic Adventures to help forge theater and community!
PERFORMANCES & DANCING:
- Feast your eyes and ears on performances at ten luxurious destinations, and then dance the night away at the Mile High Club.
THE LIVE ARTS GALA! ALL THE FUN AND NONE OF THE JET LAG
AROUND THE WORLD IN 80 PLAYS:
An International Extravaganza and Journey
2017 Gala Co-Chairs
JAY & BARBARA KESSLER
2017 Gala Deputy Chair
2017 Gala Co-Directors
BREE LUCK & KELLI SHERMEYER
When making a quick transfer in a big airport, knowing your next departure gate is essential. The travel and discovery of the Live Arts GALA continue well into the future. So, make that connection — your next voyage begins at the GALAir Live Auction. Find beautiful destinations – across the pond, up and down the coast, and even in your hometown. Here are the live auction items for the 2017 Live Arts Gala.
36 Hours in Charlottesville
This is the full-package deal, folks. So much fun in your hometown, you’d want to move here… but you already live here. You and your friends will have a blast with ALL these activities:
- Two nights for two rooms at Graduate Hotel Charlottesville
- Breakfast for four at the Bluegrass Grill
- Challenge your friends to conquer the Cville Escape Room
- Dinner for four at Public Fish & Oyster
- Four Sweethaus Cupcakes
- Violet Crown Charlottesville ($100 gift certificate)
- Enjoy Wild Rock package for four (two hours and a gourmet picnic)
- Portrait session with photographer Robert Radifera
- Exclusive, personalized dinner for four from Brasserie Saison
A relaxing week on sunny St. Simons Island
This trip is for the beachcomber in all of us. From The King and Prince to the Bloody Marsh, St. Simon’s Island is a bright gem in Georgia’s Golden Isles. Whether you are biking around quaint neighborhoods or enjoying the sand and surf, a week on St. Simons is the perfect escape.
- 1 week stay at The Beach Club Condo on St. Simons’ Island Georgia, with no blackout dates.
- Personalized hand-drawn map of Bree Luck’s favorite spots on the Island.
- A gift certificate to the Crab Trap.
- Relax on the beach, dine under the stars, watch the birds, listen to the surf, turn off your mobile phone, and walk barefoot in the sand.
Luxury Rooftop Party
If you have a particular event and you want it to be extraordinary, then bid early and bid often on this Luxury Rooftop Party. You can have your party and eat it, too.
- Impress your guests with great live music by the indie-folk band The Hill and Wood
- Set the stage for a beautiful evening with Flowers from Hedge
- $1K worth of catering from Jon Eddowes of Everyday Gourmet Catering
- Impress your guests with a party in Rehearsal A and enjoy the beautiful views on the 4th Floor terrace. (1-year expiration.)
Bed and Breakfast in Cambridge, England
Three nights in a charming bed and breakfast as guests of an Anglo-American couple (and dog), in a sixteenth-century thatched house and country garden, on a quiet lane in Linton, a beautiful village just outside Cambridge, England.
- The stay includes a three-night stay and a personal tour of Cambridge. Only 45 minutes by train from London and, if desired, your host also offers a tour of some non-touristy parts of London.
- Linton has a rustic stream, a medieval church, historic buildings, two charming pubs, a friendly organic café, and an award-winning zoo.
- It is near the historic stately home of Audley End, the quaint town of Saffron Walden, the cathedral city of Ely, and of course Cambridge itself.
- Offer good from May until mid-July.
- Relax, Explore, Enjoy.
The Beautiful Life
Make the most of this year with a full calendar of cultural, wellness, and culinary experiences to make your life beautiful.
- One year Common House Membership
- 2 VIP Virginia Film Festival Badges (2 tickets to the Opening Night Film “Downsizing”, 2 tickets to the Opening Night Gala, 8 ticket vouchers)
- Two Live Arts season ticket subscriptions!
- Three months YMCA membership
- Two months of personal training from Success Studio
- One aqua float session from Aquafloat of Charlottesville
- A cooking class with the Spice Diva
- $200 Posture Studio gift certificate
- Two tickets to the Paramount Theater
- Two tickets to the Charlottesville’s Sprint Pavillion
- Dinner for four at Charlottesville’s Downtown Grille
- Two tickets to November 3rd performance of Sympathy by Victory Hall Opera.
- One-hour family portrait session with photographer Aaron Watson
Evening Under the Stars!
- This is for the super-stars of the Gala-xy! For those who gaze into the night with romance and adventure.
- Your party of ten (10) is invited to be special guests of the McCormick Observatory
- There you can look into the heavens from the biggest telescope in the area.
- Enjoy an enlightening conversation led by Ed Murphy, UVA professor of Astronomy
- Savor a fantastic meal for ten guests provided by Dean Maupin of the C&O as you dine, literally, under the stars
- This is a real constellation prize, get it?
House on Martha’s Vineyard in Edgartown (one week; set dates May 20-27)
- Take a YouTube Virtual Tour Here!
- Quiet, beautiful, cul-de-sac lane; Overlooks Sheriff’s Meadow bird sanctuary with lovely trails around a pond with swans
- Three bedrooms, Two master bedrooms, and one additional bedroom with three single beds.
- Two full baths and one 1/2 bath powder room
- Beautiful entrance with french doors leading to great room, Two-story great room with beautiful antique furniture and suede leather sofa and loveseat
- Second-story deck off of master bedroom with beautiful water views, Dining room with sliding glass door leading to patio and picnic table
- Kitchen with everything (microwave, stove, oven, refrigerator/freezer, water dispenser, lobster cookers, pots/pans/etc.)
- Mini-bar off of Great Room, Huge washer/dryer in basement, Outdoor shower, Two large screen TV sets, each with DVD/CD/VHS/VCR & Cable
- Stereo System, Fast wireless internet, Patio and lawn with Adirondack chairs overlooking sheriff’s meadow bird sanctuary
- Gas grill, Picnic table, Large parking area, Private beach in Chilmark
- Location: Edgartown, MA