Enter Playwrights’ Lab.
Our free forum for writers of every experience level to share, read, hear, and discuss their work with our community. Dedicated to developing the work of local writers in a fun, creative, supportive setting. Whether you’ve been writing for years or are just getting started, there’s a place for you in the Lab!
Playwrights’ Lab meets the first, third, and fifth Monday (6:30-8:30 p.m.) of each month from September through early June. The lab gives local playwrights—no matter what level—the chance to present their work, participate in feedback, and discuss other lab members’ plays. For more information, please contact Sean McCord and Courtney Walker at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Local Actors: The Playwrights’ Lab is always looking for actors interested in new works. If you would like to be added to the email list of interested actors, please send your contact information to email@example.com.
LOCALLY SOURCED 2020:
Submission Period: April 1, 2020 until midnight April 30, 2020
Who can submit?
- Playwrights must be active members of Live Arts Playwright’s Lab
- Must have attended at least 3 Lab meetings within the 6 months prior to submission
- Are encouraged to have had at least one reading in the Lab within the past 2 years
What can be submitted?
- Playwrights may submit up to three plays or monologues
- No more than one script will be chosen from any one playwright
- Plays must have a running time of 15 minutes or less
- Monologues must have a running time of no more than 5 minutes
- Scripts may require no more than 8 actors
Can works be re-submitted?
- Works submitted, but not chosen, for Locally Sourced in prior years may be re-submitted as long as they conform to the running time standards above
- Plays must not have been previously produced in the central Virginia region.
How to submit:
- E-mail submissions only (Word or PDF)
- Title page consists of title only
- Script must not include anything which will identify the playwright
- Email must include playwright’s name and contact information
- E-mail scripts to the producer at lab-submissions@livearts.
org.Use the subject line: “Locally Sourced 2020″