Frequently Asked Questions
1. Event Ticketing and Access
Friday Night Programs: These livestreamed events DO NOT have a paywall and DO NOT require an advance ticket. Just go to our YouTube channel most Fridays at 7pm and enjoy no-barrier theater! If you appreciate what you see and you are not a Season Passholder, we ask that you consider making a pay-what-you-can contribution through the Live Arts Box Office.
2. Can I still buy a season pass after the season opens?
3. Why should I buy a pass if I only want to watch the full-length shows?
By being a Season Pass holder, you ensure that we have the resources to forge ahead during this upside down year. Your pass helps us create new opportunities for volunteers and teaching artists. It keeps our staff employed. It helps us be a source of emotional connections in a time of physical separation. It also makes most of our reimagined season available to those who are hard hit by the pandemic on a pay-what-you-can basis.
4. What if I already donate to Live Arts?
If you love Live Arts and believe that it’s made a positive impact in your life and the vitality of Charlottesville, we ask that you purchase a pass to make sure we’re here when the pandemic is over. We appreciate all the ways you support us during the year—by buying tickets, volunteering, sponsoring shows, attending fundraisers, and making charitable gifts! All of it matters and we are so grateful!
5. I am not tech savvy and can’t figure out how to enjoy live-streamed events on my computer or TV. Can you help?
6. I am not always available on Fridays at 7 pm. Can I watch this programming at another time?
All of our live Friday programming will be recorded so you can watch it whenever it fits your schedule. You can find past performances on YouTube. Sorry, our full-length shows cannot be recorded due to copyright laws, but they are offered on multiple dates to make it easy for you to catch them.
7. What if I can’t make the date I committed to for a full-length show?
If your schedule changes and you need to exchange your digital ticket for another date, just call Darryl at 434-977-4177 x 123. He’ll gladly do it at no change.
9. How do I get my free Live Arts facemask?
Every season passholder gets a complimentary face mask. We will mail your mask to you by the end of September. Thanks for doing your part to keep the community safe!
10. Is there anything comparable to the Fan Club subscriptions that we bought last year?
If you bought two Fan Club subscriptions last year for $77 each, you could save a few dollars by buying a Basic Season Pass for your household for $150. The Basic Pass lets you access a variety of weekly programming so you can pick and choose what interests you. If you miss something you wanted to see, you can catch it on YouTube whenever it’s convenient.
Didn’t find the answer to your question?
Feel free to reach out to us directly! Staff emails can be found here, and you can call us at 434-977-4177.