Live Arts Staff and Board
Brooks Wellmon, Director of Giving
Please welcome Brooks Wellmon to the Live Arts staff as the new Director of Giving. Brooks started fulltime with Live Arts this April and has jumped in with both feet—and a google drive full of spreadsheets.
Working with Bree and our Board, Brooks will plan, organize, and direct all of Live Arts’ fundraising including the major gifts program, annual fund, planned giving, special events, and sponsorships.
After graduating from Davidson College, Brooks studied German in Berlin, sold antiques in San Francisco, learned to drive a stick in Bavaria, and raised toddlers in Washington, DC. In 2007 Brooks and her brilliant, handsome husband moved to Charlottesville, where they are raising their three young children. She serves on the board of New City Arts Initiative, and in her spare time, she watches movies obsessively and occasionally writes about them on her blog.
For three years Brooks was the Giving Director for Light House Studio, and before that, she worked in communication and development for the Institute for Advanced Studies in Culture at the University of Virginia.
Reach her at firstname.lastname@example.org to tell her your Live Arts story.
- BREE LUCK, Producing Artistic Director, email@example.com
- KIM BEARD, Database Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org
- MARIAN BROWN, Volunteer Coordinator, email@example.com
- CHRIS KELLY, Production Assistant, and Rental Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org
- MIKE LONG, Education Director, email@example.com
- RAY NEDZEL, Director of Marketing, Communication, and Fringe, firstname.lastname@example.org
- JEREMY DUNCAN PAPE, Technical Director, email@example.com
- BROOKS WELLMON, Director of Giving, firstname.lastname@example.org
- DARRYL SMITH, Box Office Manager, email@example.com
- LINDA ZUBY, Bookkeeper, firstname.lastname@example.org
- LEO ARICO, Facilities
Live Arts Board of Directors:
- NORM OLIVER, President
- CAMERON MOWAT, Vice President
- BETSY RUDELICH TUCKER, Secretary
- MARTA KEANE, Treasurer
- Beverly Colwell Adams
- Deborah Arenstein
- Shilpa S. Davé
- Ethel deNeveu
- Lisa Duval
- Erin Hall
- Bill LeSueur
- Donna McAdams
- Patricia Simpson
- Ed Stockwell
- Matt Yohe
- Counsel: James F. Neale, McGuireWoods LLP