Search for Producing Artistic Director
LIVE ARTS ANNOUNCES NATIONAL SEARCH FOR PRODUCING ARTISTIC DIRECTOR
December 15, 2016: Live Arts is community-based volunteer-driven theater with fearless, wide-ranging programming of high aesthetic value. In its 26th year, Live Arts is seeking an inspiring Producing Artistic Director with highest integrity to lead the organization.
Under the direction of the Board of Directors, the Producing Artistic Director is responsible for providing the leadership, vision, and information needed to assist the Board of Directors in achieving Live Arts’ mission. The Producing Artistic Director will also be responsible for preserving and advancing the role of Live Arts in Charlottesville and Central Virginia by enriching the cultural experience of a diverse community through distinctive performing arts and community outreach.
- Provide effective management and leadership of the executive, artistic, operational, financial, development, administrative and support functions for Live Arts consistent with the organization’s vision and mission.
- Provide artistic direction and leadership consistent with Live Arts’ vision and mission while meeting financial objectives.
- With input from relevant constituents, develop the performance season and other forms of performance for Live Arts.
- Manage all producers of performances.
- Teach/coach/mentor directors and others connected to the artistic side of the theater while maintaining production quality.
- Coordinate overall strategic planning between Board and Management team.
- Working with the Live Arts Treasurer, develop and present consolidated budget to Board and report on consolidated results versus budget, taking corrective action to meet budget objectives and recommending to the Board or Executive Committee corrective courses of action where required.
- Advance and oversee development strategic planning, grant-seeking, sponsorship and events, including individual, government and corporate donations and annual Gala.
- Play an active role in the success of the development program.
- Identify and develop additional revenue sources through rentals, concessions and other services.
- Oversee marketing and identify campaigns for all events, education offerings and other programs, as well as room and theater rentals
- Manage marketing personnel and oversee playbill production and advertising sales.
- Direct public relations efforts and community outreach and engagement programs.
- Supervise and coordinate the professional maintenance of the Live Arts building, including the theater and public spaces.
- Oversee all aspects of human resource management including but not limited to hiring and termination, developing position descriptions, setting compensation, maintaining accurate personnel records, and applying board-approved employee policies and benefits in accordance with federal and state requirements.
- Represent Live Arts to the business, civic, financial and non-profit community including organizations such as the City of Charlottesville; University of Virginia; area, regional and national performing arts organizations.
- Represent the artistic vision of Live Arts to both the local and national arts community and to other local cultural organizations.
Send letter of interest, resume, references, and compensation requirements to:
Cameron Mowat, Chair, Search Committee, email@example.com by Jan 30, 2017.
The Producing Artistic Director will assume duties between April and June 2017.
Live Arts is an Equal Opportunity Employer.